They ar...Read their story >
Join Vylune on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketSierra LeonePictured here are members of the “Join Hands Development” group. They are small-scale businesswomen based in Koido/Kono, a city in eastern Sierra Leone.
They ar...Read their story >Funding via Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT)
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaFatuma is a married woman. She has three children. She operates a retail business where she sells tomatoes, potatoes, onions and other items. She has been involved in this ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- LivestockKyrgyzstanZamira is 42 years old, married, and the mother of 4 children. She has a specialized secondary education and graduated from a medical institute with a nursing degree. She c...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- DairyPakistanShehnaz Akhter is a 43-year-old women, married and has 3 children. Her husband is a farmer. She lives in the small village of Sialkot, Pakistan.
To help her hus...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- LivestockArmeniaGet to know Rima! Rima is a 49-year-old farmer from Yeghvard where she lives with her pensioner husband. She runs a large livestock farm with cows, sheep, hens, and bees. R...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like Vylune, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,920 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.