Rogaciana is in the agricultural business raising livestock...Read their story >
Join Petra on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockPhilippinesRogaciana is 51 years old and has one child. Rogaciana is married and has one child who is in school.
Rogaciana is in the agricultural business raising livestock...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- General StorePhilippinesElsie is 68 years old and a widow with five children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 17...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Grocery StoreNicaraguaKarla is a micro entrepreneur. She is 35 years old and single, and has a great desire to succeed. For five years she has had a grocery store. She counts on the support o...Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
- Education providerPakistanRozina is a middle-aged woman who established a low-cost private school six years ago along with her supportive husband (shown in the photo). There are 149 students enrolle...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Higher education costsParaguayIsabelino is studying for a degree in Accounting. He is a person who strives to make something of his life so that he can help other people. His goal is to finish his stu...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
Kiva lenders, like Petra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,316 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.