Ann-Marie is a 46-year-old mother of three children. She live...Read their story >
Join Petra on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSierra LeoneAnn-Marie leads a group of four members in her locality. She is shown at the right of the picture.
Ann-Marie is a 46-year-old mother of three children. She live...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- General StorePhilippinesLucy is 44 years old and married with six children.
Lucy works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a 13,000...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- FarmingBoliviaJose is a 34-year-old man. He lives with his partner. He has two children, ages 8 and 10. His business is planting corn. He does his work in the municipality of El Torno, w...Read their story >Funding via Emprender
- TailoringNicaraguaThis supportive group called "Nuevo Horizonte" (New Horizon) is composed of three entrepreneurial women who fight day after day to get ahead and maintain their businesses. ...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres (ADIM)
- Fish SellingVietnamMrs Chọn is standing first from the left in the photo. She is 45 years old and a widow with five children.
In this group, her circumstance is the most difficult ...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution
Kiva lenders, like Petra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,016 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.