Join Petra on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ServicesZambiaMeet Harrison. Harrison has an interesting story; he went from being a miner in one of the largest copper mines in Zambia to being an independent entrepreneur with a start-...Read their story >Funding via Zoona International
- Food StallColombiaElvia is an admirable woman, a determined and enterprising woman, 36 years old, the female head of household, who watches out for the care, education and feeding of her 4 c...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingTajikistanSayohat was born in 1975 in a farming family and is married with four children. Her husband is a farmer. His income is not enough to feed the family. She deals in farming t...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- General StorePakistanRamzana is a 30-year-old married woman living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan with her family. Her husband has been running a small general store at the corner of his house...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StoreEl SalvadorJulio is asking for a new loan to continue strengthening his business. He will buy merchandise such as circuit boards, remote controls, extensions, light bulbs, plates, etc...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Petra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,738 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.