Join Petra on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TransportationPakistanSafia is a responsible mother of four children. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Her husband has been providing transport facilities by driving a pick-n-drop for 12 years...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingCambodiaHon, 50, is married and has three children. She resides in the Takeo province of Cambodia. She and her husband are farmers and have been working together on their rice farm...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineAhmad, who appears in the photo, is a 38-year-old man from Rafah City in the Gaza Strip. He has six adorable children, and he is trying very hard to provide them with all t...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- BakeryTajikistanZainab is from the city of Turson-zoda. She is a married woman and she has five children, who are already adults and independent. Zainab's husband is currently together wit...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesJoan owns and operates a small fruit stand in the local community to earn a sustainable living.
With her revenue, her previous loan used for the business was su...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Petra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,170 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.