She would like to take the loan to build a hygienic l...Read their story >
Join Petra on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Huong lives with her husband and two children. She is 45 years old, her family’s income is from trade.
She would like to take the loan to build a hygienic l...Read their story >Funding via Quang Binh Women Development Fund
- Food Production/SalesBoliviaMari is 35 years old. She cooks and sells food. Mari needs a loan to buy more supplies for her business. She works hard and by herself.
Mari is single and d...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- FoodSamoaJosephine is a 29 year old mother with 1 child. She runs a small business of cooking rice and curry and sell them in her community to earn a living. Josephine requested for...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- RetailColombiaLina is a single mother who found an opportunity to increase her income through selling items from specialty magazines using a sales code from her sister to acquire the pro...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Home Products SalesTanzaniaHamisi is a man with one school-going son. He is working in his own village shop that sells a variety of consumable goods such as cereals and groceries to support his famil...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
Kiva lenders, like Petra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,620 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.