Read their story >
Join Peter on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Milk SalesKenyaJackline is 28 years old. She is married to Kirwa, a farmer, who supports the family at large. They are blessed with four children aged 12, eight, four, and one year.
Read their story >
- CattleBoliviaFrancisco is a married man and has two children. Francisco and his family live in a modest house but everyone is comfortable and they help each other. Francisco is a farmer...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonLebanonHanan is a 30-year-old married mother of one. She has been providing beauty services since 2015. She benefited from related vocational training to enhance her skills and be...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaGet to know Fridah, an entrepreneur who lives in Bungoma in the Western province of Kenya. She is married and lives with her husband and children. Fridah loves working on h...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesUgandaRichard is a married father of 3 school going children. He deals in clothing sales to earn income to sustain his family. He has applied for a loan facility with Ugafode MDI...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,902 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.