Join Peer on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsArmeniaGet to know Susan! She is 52 and lives in Dalar. Susan is a local school teacher and loves her specialization. However, her salary is meager. So, she is also involved in fa...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA 28-year-old woman, Brabnaus, is living in Ratanak Kiri Province. She has three dependent children, two in school and one too young for school. She is growing cashew and c...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaAna is 36 years old and an excellent cook, who found a business opportunity and started selling lunches from her home located in the municipality of Sabanagrande. Ana is ma...Read their story >
- Food StallCameroonJacob is married and blessed with six children. They all live in a four-bedroom house at Bamenda, North West Region of Cameroon. He has faced some challenges in life such ...Read their story >
- PigsVietnamHong, 45 years old, is an ethnic Kinh woman. She lives with her husband and her two daughters in the city of Son La, a subsidized unit of Son La province.
The ma...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peer, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,465 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.