Join Scott on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketHaitiJean Remus, age 57, lives with his partner and has three children. About ten years ago, he opened a grocery store where he sells a variety of products wholesale and retail....Read their story >
- Grocery StoreJordanAfaf has a grocery store. She feels blessed and at the top of this world for being able to start a business. She is making an income and has become financially independent....Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanRohbarhon extends her gratitude for the support. Thanks to the previous loan she renovated her house and created good living conditions for her children and family.
<...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaZadock is a married man. He has two children. He describes himself to be faithful. He operates a transport business where he transports customers using a motorcycle. He has...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorGloria is 37 years old. She is married and her husband is a farmer. They have 4 children.
For 5 years, Gloria has worked selling pupusas [stuffed corn tortillas...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Scott, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,901 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.