Join Paul on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaGet to know Irina! Irina is a 21-year-old young agronomist and mother from the Syunik region. Irina is married to Haykaz, 25, and has a 1-year-old daughter Vika whom you se...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesVirgie is a woman with three children who are in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Virgie is 30 years old.
Virgie has a food vending business in th...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- CattleEgyptIbrahim is 47 years old and married. He has 4 sons and one daughter.
Ibrahim has a small fattening project and is requesting a loan to buy a head of cattle to e...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment (TADE)
- LivestockMyanmar (Burma)53 year old Tin, first from the right in the picture, is the featured borrower of Ta Nyin Kone (2) D Village Group. Standing together with him in the picture are Zaw, Win, ...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- CattleRwandaPatricie is 35 years old and is married with 5 children. Due to his experience, he was nominated as the group leader for ABUNZUBUMWE KABUGA. He is the person wearing a ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,642 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.