Join Paul on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJose Luis is 42 years old and lives to the west of the city of Monterrey. For 5 years, he has worked selling food. This is his only economic sustenance which he has to sust...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- PigsMaliSamuel is the one with his hands on the pig in the photo. He is Malian, 41 years old, uneducated, married, and the father of six children. The children are 5 to 16 years ol...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- FarmingKenyaMary is a practical and hardworking woman. She is a housewife who is loving and protective of her family. After finishing house chores, she works on her farm. She also does...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- FarmingCambodiaPhally, 37, is married and lives with four school-aged children in the Kampong Cham Province, Cambodia. She and her husband have been working as rice farmers to support he...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution Plc.
- DairyEl SalvadorJuan studied up to the eighth grade, is single, has no children, and lives with his mother and his brother.
Juan works growing vegetables, basic grains, and car...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,551 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.