Join Paul on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaEdith started selling various items several months ago. She looked for a job as an alternative to get money and, as a thriving and entrepreneurial woman, she looks to suppo...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineKefaya is a 56-year-old, married woman with five children from Nablus. She is a housewife and will use the loan to paint her house's wall and buy a dining table. She hopes ...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaZahidu is a maize farmer from Tsoho village. Zahidu is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input loan, Zah...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- General StoreTimor-LesteAgostino is 40 years old, is married, and has three children. He has a kiosk that he started in 2002, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running his business ha...Read their story >Funding via Kaebauk Investimentu no Finansas
- Personal Products SalesEl SalvadorThis young man's face is blurred because he is 20 years old and lives in a high-risk area. For five years he has been selling personal care products and thanks to his work...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,129 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.