Join Paul on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingGuatemalaSheila, age 22, is single and has a lovely family with one child. They live in a community in Santa Lucia Cotzumalguapa. In order to get earnings and to get her family ah...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingKenyaWhen you look at Dedan, he is the true definition of a hard worker.
Dedan is a farmer in Nkubu and is involved in maize, poultry, and dairy farming. He does milk...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- PigsEl SalvadorMarvin studied until fifth grade. He is married. He has worked providing transportation services for four years and learned the business from one of his friends. In additio...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingSamoaLemalie is 37 years old and married with 5 children. She has a small plantation where she grows taro and bananas that she sells in her community or at the market. She has b...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- FarmingTajikistanHalim was born in 1984. He is a careful father of two children. His wife has been busy with farming activities, and Halim also has a farming business - mainly growing carro...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,742 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.