Join Paul on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaGnel is 57 years old and lives with his wife and son in Ddmashen village of the Gegharkunik region. Gnel and his son are farmers. His wife works as a baker at the bread fac...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- TailoringPakistanNabila is a women entrepreneur and struggling to bring prosperity to her family along with her husband. She is 38 years old and lives in a small house with 4 family members...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanNoreen is a woman entrepreneur and sells unstitched cloth at her home. She is 26 years old and lives in a small house with her five children and husband. Her husband purcha...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- RetailKenyaZiporah is a married woman with two children, both of whom attend school. She lives at her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water.
Ziporah has be...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- General StorePhilippinesChristy Joy is a resident of Concepcion, Iloilo. She is a 30-year-old woman who is married with four children. The oldest child is nine years old while the youngest is a mo...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
Kiva lenders, like Paul, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,576 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.