Candelaria makes a living se...Read their story >
Join Patrick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorCandelaria is 33 years old. She went to school until the 9th grade. She is a single mother and her children are in school.
Candelaria makes a living se...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMaria is 30 years old. She went to school through the 6th grade of basic education. She is married and has two children, ages 10 and 12, who are in school. Her husband work...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorSandra finished high school. She is single and does not have children. She lives with her sister, her mother, and two nieces, one of whom appears in the photograph.
...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorSantos, 30, is married and her husband works in agriculture. She has a daughter who is little and studies in kindergarten.
Santos makes a living selling clothin...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMartha studied up to eighth grade in school. She is a single mother of a girl and they live with an uncle.
Martha has worked selling clothing for a year and lear...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Patrick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,929 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.