Join Patrick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorNohemy is 26 years old and works selling clothing for women and men. Doing this she manages to support the economic expenses of her household. Nohemy has lived in a house t...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorYancy is a 25 year old young woman, who went to school until high school. She is married, and her husband works in a bakery in a nearby village. She has just one seven ye...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorThe young person whose face is blurred due to being 24 years old and living in a high risk zone, has worked selling all kinds of clothing for two years. Her business is loc...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMaria is 52 years old and lives with her 16 year old son. She is a single mother so he works every day to make sure her son doesn't need anything and to give him an educati...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorRosa is 53 years old, has a sixth grade education, and is married. Her husband works as a builder and driver. They have one son who has already moved away from home. For th...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Patrick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,145 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.