Join Patrick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorThis young woman, whose face has been pixellated because she is 25 years old and lives in a high-risk area, has worked selling clothes for 10 years and uses the income from...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMaria went to school up to the fifth grade. Due to a lack of economic resources, her partner had to migrate to another country. She has a child that is not yet going to sch...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMelinda is 46 years old and is a hardworking, entrepreneurial woman who studied up to the ninth grade. She lives with her new life partner because she divorced her first hu...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorVirginia is a single mother with a 3-year-old child. She was only able to study up to the end of high school and she works hard so that her child has everything they need. ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorMaría did not have the opportunity to go to school. She lives with her three daughters. Her husband passed away 8 years ago. Since the death of her husband, it has been har...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Patrick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,891 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.