Blanca makes a living selling clothing for women, men, and children. She ...Read their story >
Join Patrick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorBlanca is 63 years old. She is a single mother of an adult daughter who lives with her.
Blanca makes a living selling clothing for women, men, and children. She ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorRocio has a partner and two small children. Her partner works in an aluminum workshop; he's in charge of melting the aluminum so that it can be molded into products.
R...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorNancy studied until the ninth grade. She is accompanied and her partner emigrated abroad and she lives alone with her young son.
Nancy works selling clothing and...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorSantos is 59 years old. She studied through 5th grade. She is married and her spouse works as a driver. They have a daughter who is in school and is reliant on them.
<...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorRoxana is 29 years old. She is a single mother and only her children are dependent upon her. Roxana makes a living selling clothing and goes out to sell door to door every ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Patrick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,736 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.