Join Patricia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RestaurantPakistanRazia is 42 years old and married. She lives in the area of Lahore, Pakistan, and is pictured here with her husband. For many years, her husband has been running a roadside...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanMavluda is a hard-working and ambitious 36-year-old woman. She is married, and is the beloved mother of 4 children.
Mavluda has been selling household goods and...Read their story >Funding via Arvand
- Food MarketSierra LeoneMariama is a sixty-one year old woman and a mother of three children, ages twenty-eight, twenty and seventeen. Mariama sells cooked food as her business. She would like to...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- RetailNicaraguaGloria is an entrepreneurial and hardworking woman. She is 69-years old and work selling clothing, shoes, cosmetics and garments. Her husband helps her to sell and manage t...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres (ADIM)
- FarmingKenyaDavid is a married man. He describes himself to be focused. He operates a farm where he grows onions, cabbages, tomatoes and other crops. He has been involved in this busin...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Patricia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,592 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.