Join Patricia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaStella is 44 years old and she married. She lives in the Bomet region of Kenya. Bomet has fertile soil and favors farming. Farmers in this region have mainly focused in tea...Read their story >
- SewingBoliviaOmar works as a tailor and his partner is a homemaker. He lives in the family house and is the father of one daughter. Omar wants his business to grow and asks for a loan t...Read their story >
- CraftsEl SalvadorJosé finished his high school education, is married, and has two children who attend school. He lives alone with his children and wife, and they are the only ones economica...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesRwandaMarie Louise is 40 years old, married and a mother. In the picture, she is raising her hand. She has been running a carpentry business for the last three years. With the pr...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCarolyne is a smallholder farmer practicing dairy, sheep, poultry, and crop farming to make a living. She enjoys farming, for it is her means of securing the basic necessit...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Patricia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,613 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.