Join Patricia on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgriculturePeruDomingo Elmer is 53 years old and in a cohabiting partnership. He lives with his partner and their two children in the district of Colasay in the province of Jaén in the de...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- AgricultureColombiaJavier has worked in agricultural production for ten years, and each day he wakes up to work and tend to his land where he has crops.
He learned this business in...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Farm SuppliesGuatemalaNatividad is very grateful for the previous loan granted to him, which enabled him to purchase the onion seeds and fertilizers he needed and thereby increase cultivation. ...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- General StorePhilippinesEvangelina is 52 years old and married with five children. With one child in school, Evangelina works very hard to provide for them.
Evangelina runs a general st...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Home AppliancesCambodiaKem’s Group lives in a rural village in Kompong Thom Province in Cambodia. Kem makes a living cultivating rice to support his family. In their village there is no reliable ...Read their story >Funding via iDE Cambodia
Kiva lenders, like Patricia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,667 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.