Join Pamela on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food StallPakistan36-year-old Rubina is a married woman with four children. The man shown in the photo is her husband. He has been running a food stall for many years. He earns sufficient in...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Personal Housing ExpensesIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KPP-UMKM’s clients, Manti, who is a 43-year-old widow with two children. Manti has been selling food for two years. She has asked for a loan o...Read their story >Funding via KPP-UMKM Syariah
- Phone Use SalesIndonesiaYuliawati, one of Ruma agents, lives in South Bogor, West Java, located about an hour drive from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. She lives there with her husband an...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- Phone Use SalesIndonesiaGood day, lenders! This is Mardianah, one of Ruma's agents. Mardianah lives in North Tangerang, a suburb located about two hours’ drive from Jakarta, the capital city of In...Read their story >Funding via PT Rekan Usaha Mikro Anda (Ruma)
- HardwareCongo (Dem. Rep.)Esperence is an entrepreneur and the owner of a hardware store on the main town road. She is a member of the loan group "Grace" and she is a client with the micro-finance i...Read their story >Funding via Hekima, a partner of World Relief
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,972 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.