Join Pamela on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- VehicleUgandaFrank is a loyal client of UGAFODE who has been borrowing since 2011. He is a mechanic in one of the slums surrounding the city. Frank has five children and income from mec...Read their story >
- General StoreEgyptAtef is married and has one child. He has a store in which there is a photocopier, writing tools, school handouts, and gifts and he requested a loan before and fully repaid...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Marine! Marine is a 36-year-old hardworking farmer from the Armavir region. She lives there with her husband Bayandur, 44, and their two children, ages 5 and 6. Marine...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPeruThe members belong to the communal bank “Siempre Adelante”. It is located in the Cusco district which is in the province and region of Cusco.
Lucila is a single...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)This group is located in Kya Paing – 5 (E) Village in Monywa town, in the dry zone of Myanmar. The group consists of six members. Pictured above are the loan clients from K...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,501 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.