Join Pamela on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorVictor is 65 years old. He went to school through the second grade. He is married, and his wife is a homemaker. All of his children have established their own homes at t...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- PigsPhilippinesThirty-seven-year-old Rosalie raises hogs to earn a living. She is married and has five dependents ages 9-17 years old, respectively. Her husband's income from being a carp...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- FarmingNigeriaHassan, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Unguwan Sarki village. Hassan is a meticulous farmer who has invested time...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- TailoringPakistanNajma is 27years old, an amazing mother who lives in a small village near Multan city. She has two children and she is working hard to ensure a good life for them and ensur...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingNigeriaTasiu is a hard working Babban Gona maize farmer from Unguwan Sarki village. Tasiu lives in a modest mud house with his family. Thanks to his hard work, he feeds his family...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,238 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.