Join Pamela on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Higher education costsArmeniaVachagan is 22 years old and he lives in Yerevan city. He lives with his parents and sister (she is also a student). His father is employed and he works at the private comp...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- TaxiPakistanSaghera is a 43-year-old married woman. The man shown in the photo is her husband, who is a taxi driver by profession.
He drives in the main city and makes enoug...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Motorcycle TransportUgandaVincent is a 39-year-old married man with three children who attend school at the moment. He is a resident of Wamala.
He is a boda boda (passenger transportatio...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaPatricia is a 56 year old lady, who works as a street vendor, selling products such as handbags, new and used clothing, makeup and perfumes. She discovered her vocation as ...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- Higher education costsTajikistanYodgorjon is a caring father who was born in Khujand, Tajikistan in 1970. He is married, has two children, and his wife works as a cook. Yodgorjon is the head of his family...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,603 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.