Join Pamela on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureTajikistanSodjida is 53 years old. She lives in a rural area with her family. She is a very hardworking woman who has had different jobs in her lifetime; she has worked as a cook, ...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaMustapher is a married man who has two children. He operates a retail business where he sells sugar, bread, soap, rice, juices, and other products. Mustapher has been inv...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFelila is a 41-year-old married woman with 2 children. She makes and sells taro chips in her community to earn a living. She has 2 years of experience with this business. F...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHello lenders, meet this nice woman, Sarah. She is hardworking and very focused. She hails from a remote village in the Kericho area of Kenya, where tea farming is the main...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesIndiaRahima, a 47-year-old married woman from Khurda district in Orissa, is engaged in selling sarees. She has a household of four members and a monthly income of 9,000 INR.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,602 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.