Join Olivier Roland on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailEl SalvadorElmer went to school up to the ninth grade. He is single, but he has two children, who don’t yet go to school. Elmer works selling items for automobiles (pads and covers) a...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- TailoringPakistanSana is a happily married lady and lives with her husband and three children in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She is 26 years old and a tailor by profession.
She starte...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- General StorePhilippinesJenny Grace is 48 years old and married with two children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Clothing SalesPakistanMusarat is 60 years old woman, living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a mother of five children. She runs women's fancy clothing sales business in h...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Clothing SalesBoliviaThe San Francisco communal association will start its fifth cycle in Pro Mujer, as part of the Panamericana branch. The group is comprised of ten members, and is led by a...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
Kiva lenders, like Olivier Roland, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,664 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.