Join Olivier Roland on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleUgandaElias is 58 years old, married, and has seven children and three other dependents. He lives in Kyenjojo District. His main economic activity is bull fattening but he also g...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaJozilin is a woman who separated with her husband but is left with three children who are all school-going.
She needs money to complete her house. Her dream is ...Read their story >
- DairyKyrgyzstanAtyrkul is 54 years old, married, and the mother of five children. She has a high school education and has been farming since 1988. As a result of Atyrkul's hard work, she ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGreetings from Chuka, Kenya!
Mercy is a hardworking farmer from a remote village in the Chuka area of Kenya, a favorable one for farming.
Thanks to h...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonDidier is a 26-year-old single man. He has been living in a local village for years with his family and manages a cacao plantation that he inherited from his family 10 year...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Olivier Roland, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,238 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.