Join Olivier Roland on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaPhat was born in 1959. She is married and has two children. The family lives in the Prey Veng province, Cambodia. One of her children is a construction worker, while the ot...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution Plc.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueChame was born in Namaacha, province of Maputo. He is 25 years old and he is married with a small child. He is not responsible for anyone else. Chame lives at his parents'...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- FarmingKenyaEverline is a very industrious, honest, and hardworking mother from the Kitale area of Kenya, near the famous Mount Elgon, an area known for maize production. Kitale is alw...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- PigsPhilippinesJezzelle is 30 years old and has three children. Jezzelle is married and has two children who are currently in school.
Jezzelle is in the agricultural business,...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- FarmingEcuadorMiguel is 38 years old and has three children.
He works in agriculture, growing corn. The money he requests is to purchase agricultural supplies.
He ...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
Kiva lenders, like Olivier Roland, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,027 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.