Join Olivier Roland on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsEl SalvadorManuel studied until the ninth grade. He is married and his partner stays home and works in the home. They have two children who attend school. He and his family live in hi...Read their story >
- Milk SalesPakistanSakeena is a 50-year-old woman and a responsible mother of two daughters and three sons. She lives in the populated area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a housewife. All of her...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliSata is the person holding the bullock's horn. She is 51, married, and has four children between the ages of seven and 16 who do not attend school. Her husband is a small r...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesEcuadorLuis is 29 years old, he is in a common-law marriage. His family is made up of two children, Neyder who is 8 and Anthony who is 4, and his spouse, who takes care of them. T...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodCambodiaPictured on the right, Sreymao, 28, is a married mother of two school-aged children, and she lives in the Kampong Cham province of Cambodia. She and her husband are farmers...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Olivier Roland, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,930 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.