Join Olivier Roland on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Que is 48 years old, married and has three children, all of whom are schooling. She would like to improve her family’s living standard, especially her children's, but ...Read their story >Funding via Quang Binh Women Development Fund
- RetailBoliviaIvone works at a funeral company. She is living with her parents because she is divorced. She is the mother of one son (he is an adult already). Ivone needs a loan to b...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- Farm SuppliesArmeniaA loan will help Zabela to pay for forage to feed the livestock and to purchase additional livestock.
Zabela is a married woman with 2 infant children. They live...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaFulgencia is 30 years old and a mother with two kids. She works at a store selling food, snacks, chocolate, and other items. Fulgencia is requesting a loan to build a ro...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- General StoreColombiaTurning her small, informal egg, arepa and snack business into a full store where she offers photocopy services -- this is Lucia's great dream. She is a humble but hardwork...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Olivier Roland, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,940 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.