Join Noel Oco on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaHellen lives in a small, isolated community in the Kitale area of Kenya. Despite the difficult living situation and general lack of access to good infrastructure, she is a ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesJuvy works hard to support her family. She is widowed and has a food vending business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to purchas...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaKhorn is 58 years old and a married mother of seven children. One child is studying at a university. She and her family current live in a wooden house located in Kampong ...Read their story >
- PubUgandaWilson is an old client in the institution and is applying for a loan of 2,000,000 UGX. Wilson is 60 years old and is married. He has 6 children and 2 grand children whom h...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesCambodiaSokkheng is 40 years old and is a married woman with four children. She sells jujube. Her husband works as a policeman. Sokkheng has been running this business for five yea...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Noel Oco, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,301 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.