Join Chester on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailRwandaIndacyemwe cb is a group represented by Seraphine who is 39 years old. She is married, with 6 children aged between 2 and 16 years. The group name means “perfect” in Englis...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorModesto did not have the opportunity to attend school. He is married and his partner does the domestic tasks. His mother-in-law and niece, who is in school, also live with ...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorAna currently lives with her son, who is 35 years old, and her daughter-in-law. Ana has as a source of income making corn tamales to sell. It is a business which she has be...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThe captivating smile on the above photo presents to you Sally. Sally is compassionate and responsible. She is 49 years old and has a lot of skills and experience in farmin...Read their story >
- RetailTajikistanSaiyora is 58 years old. She is a hardworking woman with a great desire to get ahead. She is married and has three children.
Saiyora sells variety goods. She acq...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Chester, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,535 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.