Join Nick on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringTajikistanFarangiz is 23 years old and she lives in the district of Shahrituz. Farangiz is a kind and hard-working person. She is married and has two children. Farangiz's husband wor...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)There are six loan customers in Thein Kone (North) 1 (B) Village Group, and their names are Nyo, San, Yin, Moe, Maung, and Aye. This village is located in Mahlaing, a town...Read their story >
- BakeryEl SalvadorBlanca expressed that with the help of the previous loan, she was able to strengthen her business of selling bread and therefore today she also sells appetizers and corn to...Read their story >
- General StorePakistanSumaira Anjum is a 37-year-old, married woman. She runs a general store with the help of her husband. She has three children to take care of along with the general store an...Read their story >
- RetailParaguayMarcelino has a business, and he sells products that are consumed like all types of meat, homemade sausages, cookies, cigarettes, corn, starch, and household items. He sel...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Nick, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.