Join Bart on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food MarketHondurasEvelio is 61 years old, married, has eight children and lives with his wife and four of his children in an area of El Progreso, Yoro. He works selling seasonings, spices su...Read their story >
- AgricultureTajikistanThis is Khusniya. She is 35 yeras old and lives in the city of Tursun-zoda together with her family. She has a husband and three children. Her children go to school. The el...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanAshurgul is very grateful to Kiva and the creditors for their support and care. She has used her loan as intended. Besides sewing, Ashurgul also has additional income from ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaWycliffe is 50 years old and has five children. He is representing his group formed by nine farmers in Webuye District, Kenya.
Wycliffe has been farming with On...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJudith's group is formed by 10 farmers in Webuye District and is being represented by Judith, who is the group leader pictured above. She is 43 years old, is married, and h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bart, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,868 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.