Join Bart on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEcuadorEduardo is a 48 year old man who is married and has a four year old daughter. He rents his home. He used to work as a chofer, but now he works in agriculture. Currently ...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- LivestockArmeniaMeet Alina! Alina is a farmer with five years of experience. Alina stays in Ararat region with her husband and two sons between the ages of 3 and 5.
Alina susta...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesLuzvisminda is married and has a motorcycle transport business in the Philippines. She works hard to support her family.
She requested a 25,000 Philippine peso ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- DairyKenyaKoech is 28 years old and has five children. She operates a dairy farming business, which she has been doing for six years.
Koech requested a loan from VisionFu...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- TailoringPakistanRiffat is 30 years old and from Sheikhupura, Pakistan. She is hardworking mother of five young children. She is working hard to ensure a good life for them. Her husband’s i...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Bart, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,616 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.