Join Naomi on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsCongo (Dem. Rep.)Project has been gathering and selling soy and beans since 2010. He initially launched his activity with capital that he had built from his salary as a worker on the ship A...Read their story >
- General StoreIndonesiaThe Wae Raweng Group is made up of seven hardworking women. They are represented by Selviana who has been running a kiosk business for a year. It is located at home. She do...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorEdison is 30 years old, he lives in the parish of Cahuasqui with his parents and siblings. He only studied in primary school. He got a contract job at Panavial, the company...Read their story >
- PigsEl SalvadorSantos studied until fourth grade. His wife works as a server in a restaurant. They have two children who are small and attend school.
Santos works as ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThis is Nancy—polite, devoted, responsible, and hardworking. She works raising animals and horticultural crops, which is work that she began from economic necessity. She st...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Naomi, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,869 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.