Join Naomi on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaDear Kiva community! This is Mercy, a humble, confident and a very innovative woman. She is 28 years old and entirely depends on her crops and livestock for survival. This ...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSay is a married woman and the mother of four children. They are living in Koh Krolor District of Battambang. She is a farmer who has been farming rice since she was 18 yea...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaOver time, Lenah has been persevering to reach her goal of improving her living conditions and having a better life. She is a loving and unassuming woman who works tireless...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliSounkary is the man holding a ram among the members of his group. He is 34 years old, married and father of 5 children, aged 7 months to 11 years. 2 of his children are enr...Read their story >
- RestaurantCongo (Dem. Rep.)Esperance is a business woman who has her Bar-Restaurant in a popular and civilized area of the market. A client of the IMF Hekima, she is the president of the Solidarity ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Naomi, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.