Join Jonathan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesCambodiaThe members of Sarann’s group live in a rural village in Takeo province, in Cambodia. Sarann makes a living cultivating rice to support her family. In their village there i...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaAi’s group live in a rural village in Kompong Cham province in Cambodia. Ai makes a living cultivating rice and she also does extra work as construction worker to support h...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesAurelia is 57 years old and married with six children.
Aurelia is in the agricultural business of raising pigs in the Philippines. Aurelia has requested a PHP ...Read their story >
- SewingLebanonAmna, a 35-year-old woman, lives with her husband and has four children, two of whom live with her in Berj Hammoud Area, Lebanon. One of her sons is still studying in schoo...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonNicaraguaPaula has had a beauty salon for 28 years. She's the mother of two daughters, one in college and the other with her own family. In her business she sells nail polish, lip...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,674 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.