Join Jonathan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Milk SalesPakistanNasreen is a hard working lady. She initiated her business selling milk becayse it was difficult to run household activities with the small income of her husband. She is...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- ServicesKenyaRosanah is a 28 year old married lady living in Kitale with her family. She is blessed with two children aged 8 years and a six month old baby. Both her, and her husband, a...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTina is a 20-year-old single woman with two children. She has been making and selling taro and banana fried chips in her community to earn a living for three years. A me...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- Food StallMozambiqueCrescencio is a young man, 27 years of age. He is a mechanic by profession, which he learned from his family, since most of his brothers are mechanics. He is the father of ...Read their story >Funding via Hluvuku-Adsema
- Food MarketPhilippinesTeresita works hard to support her family. Teresita is married and has a buy-and-sell peanuts business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 20,000 loan throug...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,185 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.