Join Jonathan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreParaguayThe communal bank "La Esperanza" was formed because of a group of neighbors who had good experiences with their communal bank. They motivated this group to form a communal...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Clothing SalesEcuadorRocío is 38 years old and is the single mother of a 3-year-old girl. They live in her father's house, in the city of Portoviejo, place which was heavily affected by the ter...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- AgricultureHondurasAnastacio lives in the town of San Luis Calichito, in the village of 12 de Marzo with his wife and children. He has worked growing corn for 44 years. This crop has helped h...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras, S.A.
- CafeColombiaIván is a micro-entrepreneur in the city of Bogotá who lives with his spouse and three children in a neighborhood of a locality in this municipality. He is the owner of a c...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FishingPhilippinesHeribella is 42 years old and is married with three children. She lives in Danao, Plaridel, and has been a member of PMPC for three years. Heribella has a fish vending b...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,150 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.