Join Jonathan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryEl SalvadorMaría did not have the opportunity to study since her family was large and her father died when she was little, so she had to help her mother and work. María has 3 children...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Home Products SalesParaguayThe Kuña Katupyry loan group is in the city of Unión with 17 members. All of these women are entrepreneurs with set goals. They decided to unite in this group to improve th...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineDalal is a 30-year-old married woman. She works as an engineer and will use the loan to improvement electricity for her house and buy some furniture such as sofas. She hope...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- Grocery StorePakistanSughra, aged 53, is married and lives with her five family members. She works hard, along with her husband, to fulfil the necessities of life. She lives in a small rural co...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Clothing SalesColombiaCarolina is just 21 years old and lives in the municipality of Montelibano. She’s a very young woman who last year became an entrepreneur. She started a shop where she sell...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,794 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.