Join Jonathan on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJosé is 30 years old, married, and with his wife lives in a municipality outside the Monterrey metropolitan area. He has been working as an electrical mechanic for 11 years...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- PigsVietnamMrs. Que is 35 years old. Her family has three members, including her husband and her son. The family lives in Son La city, located in Son La province, Vietnam. Her family’...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution
- Food MarketSierra LeoneIsatu is a thirty-eight-year-old mother of two children ages ten and eight years. She is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual and is representin...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- RetailEcuadorGloria, 63, is known to be hardworking, modest, and responsible with her work. She started her business 10 years ago. She earns a living selling sheets and blankets to al...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaMuhammadu is a maize farmer from Lungun Soba village. Muhammadu is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous inp...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Jonathan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,594 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.