Join Michael on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaJames is a married man with two children. He is a motorcycle rider (boda boda). He takes his customers from one point to another. His wife is a hairdresser, and together th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGastine is 43 years old and has 8 children. She is a group leader and is representing her group formed by nine farmers in Matete District, Kenya.
Gastine has be...Read their story >
- CattleColombiaDiego is 36 years old, proud to be married, and has two children of ages six and 12 years. He lives in the municipality of Sonson where he earns a living as a farmer and al...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGetrude is a 42-year-old, proud mother of six children. She is a group leader who is often described as a very reliable person. She is representing her group of 15 farmers ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorIris requires a new loan to continue strengthening her business. On this occasion, she will purchase beverages, dairy products, and cold cuts in larger quantities than she ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,867 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.