Misl...Read their story >
Join David on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaMislaimin is a 32 year old woman whose lack of job opportunities was never an excuse. She took what was within her reach and turned it into an opportunity.
Misl...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanNazia is a 42-year-old married woman. She is with her husband in the photo. She is involved in the cloth trade business. She purchases varieties of cloth at low prices from...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasAmilcar is 30 years old and lives in a common-law marriage with his life partner with whom he has two children. They live in a village of the municipality of Florida Copan,...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaJoaquín is 25-years-old and lives in the Taraza region. He is in a common law marriage and is the father of one child. One of the main tragedies of many where he lives was ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueMr. Joaquim is married. He lives in his own house together with his wife and five children, of whom only one depends on him.
He is a farmer and with the presen...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like David, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,660 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.