Thanks to her charisma and good ...Read their story >
Join David on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaYuly is a very kind person who always has a smile for the customers that visit her grocery store in the municipality of Barbosa.
Thanks to her charisma and good ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- RetailColombiaMileyde is 68 years old and is a self-motivated woman who started her business in 2000 after the death of her husband. She had her children to care for and found selling g...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- ConstructionKosovoArsim is 32 years old. He is married and the father of 4 children from ages of 4 to 10 years old. He is a hardworking man who provides for his family by working in construc...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
- General StorePhilippinesNorma is a determined woman. She is 63 years old and lives with her family in the town of Albuera, Leyte. She is a mother of four grown children.
To make a livin...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Fish SellingPhilippinesEditha is a married woman, 58 years old with three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Editha has a fish vending business in the Philippines. Editha requeste...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like David, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,677 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.