Join David on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PropertyGuatemalaJuan is a very hardworking man. Every day he makes a great effort to provide for all of his family's needs. He says that the previous loan went very well; he was able to bu...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FoodArmeniaHayk lives in Yerevan with his parents and sister. Together with his mother Hayk is involved in the production of dried fruit products. He prepares the product from a large...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
- Home AppliancesCambodiaLiving in a rural village of the Sontok district of Kampong Thom province, Sothea is 49 years old. She is a rice farmer in the area while her husband is a paid construction...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- General StorePeruBenjamin is 41 years old and married. He lives with his wife and daughter in the Oyotún district of Chiclayo province, in the Lambayeque department of Peru. The locals here...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Personal Housing ExpensesPeruMaritza, 37, is single and lives in a house of her own in Lagunas, a district in Peru's Chiclayo province. Farming and small businesses are common sources of income for lo...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like David, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,241 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.