Join Mike Quinn on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureCameroonAt age thirty-one, Florent is a young man and a father. He is a farmer in a local village. He has farmed his 20-acre cocoa field for several years. He supports his family t...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaOver time, Mercyline has been persevering to reach her goal of improving her living conditions and having a better life. She is a loving and unassuming woman who works tire...Read their story >
- ElectricianPalestineMohammed is a 30-year-old, married father of one child. He lives in a village of Jenin.
He works in electrical extension for houses and has five years in this fi...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorIngrid has a high-school education. She is married; her husband works on a truck delivering fizzy drinks. Ingrid has a two-year-old daughter, and her grandmother also lives...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesLetecia is 59 years old and married with five children. She works very hard to provide for them.
Letecia runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mike Quinn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,150 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.