Join Miguel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)29 year old Shein is a father of two children and he is second from right in the picture. He is the leader of Ta Nyin Kone (1) B Village Group. Together with him in the pho...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- Beauty SalonTanzaniaSophia is in her mid 30s. She is married with two children who are in primary school by now. She works as a hairstylist and a cashier of her beauty salon, a business that s...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- LivestockKyrgyzstanNurmuhamed, 37, is married and has three children. He has a vocational technical education and works as a handyman at the local school. In addition, Nurmuhamed has a farm. ...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- LivestockCambodiaVoeun, 38, is a married father of two school-age children who lives in the Takeo province of Cambodia. He is a construction worker and has been working in this job for 13 y...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- Food MarketRwandaUbumwe Cb is a group represented by Sifa, who is 43 years old. The group name means “Unity,” in English. Sifa is married and has four children, aged 7-27 years. She sells f...Read their story >Funding via Urwego Opportunity Bank
Kiva lenders, like Miguel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,165 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.