Join Miguel on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesTajikistanMakhsudboy is originally from Spitamen. He is 49 years old. He is an open-minded person with many interests. Makhsudboy grows rice and, also, lemons in the greenhouse. He h...Read their story >
- RetailCambodiaA resident in Ponhea Krek district, Tbaung Khmum province, Cambodia, Soknorn is 41 years old. She is a married mother who has two children who are still studying and depend...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesCambodiaChantha is 32 years old, married, and has three children. She and her husband sell meatballs, hot dogs, and sugarcane juice, which they have been doing for 58 months. Rainy...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesCameroonPierre is a married man whose business consists in selling shoes at a local market. He has four children. Pierre would like to stock up large quantities of used men's shoes...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA 48years old woman living in Battambang province, Chanthy has only one child who still dependent on her. She is growing mango and vegetable to get main income. Her mango d...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Miguel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,531 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.