Join Mario on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanGulhumor is a woman, aged 49. She married and has three sons. Gulhumor did not used to work and watched the children, but she has a lot of time and is now able to sew. S...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaRoseline works so hard that her hubby is grateful to have such a hardworking and caring wife. She has turned her farming and cereal selling business into a family business ...Read their story >
- ServicesColombiaLuisa, 26, is a young woman from the city of Bogotá. She is single and has a four-year-old son, and her business is specialized care for patients with special needs. She ...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanBibinos is very grateful to Kiva lenders for their support and understanding. She successfully used the first loan and repaid on time. Now Bibinos wants to apply again for ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesJesusa works hard to support her family. Jesusa is married and has a fish vending business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 14,000 loan through NWTF to pu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mario, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,654 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.