Join Mario on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesPakistanRehana is a 37-year-old self-employed woman and mother of a daughter and a son ages 16 and 13, who attend school. She lives in a small two-room house in Multan. She has own...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesColombiaMarta is a hard-working woman from Facatativá. She is single and has two children and with her fast food business she has been able to take care of then household expenses....Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGrace, age 38, keeps livestock and raises horticultural crops to earn her living. She started practicing mixed farming seven years ago due to economic necessity, growing ma...Read their story >
- AgricultureColombiaJanier learned about working in the fields together with his parents. He currently works on family land where he has 'criolla' potatoes and 'capira' potatoes. He is singl...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSeak is 29 years old, married, and has two children, one of whom attends school. She lives in a rural area located in the Chol Kiri district of Kampong Chnang province. To...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mario, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,668 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.