Join Mario on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailKenyaJane is a married woman. She has four children. She operates a retail business where she sells charcoal. She has been involved in this business for 15 years. Her business i...Read their story >
- FarmingParaguayRosalino is from the city of Carapeguá and is a sugar cane farmer and merchant. He is a very enterprising person who struggles to give his loved ones everything he was unab...Read their story >
- FishingCambodiaLiving in a rural area located in the Chol Kiri district of Kampong Chhnang Province, Soursdey is 31 years old and married. To make a living, she has been farming rice and ...Read their story >
- RetailPhilippinesVirginia lives in Lapinig, Kapatagan, Lanao Del Norte. To earn a living, she runs a general store selling grocery goods in the local community.
Virginia earns e...Read their story >
- Internet CafeLebanonMoussa is a 21-year-old youth who is pursuing his education at a university and has managed to open his own internet cafe almost a year and a half in order to help his pare...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mario, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,604 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.