Join Michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PubColombiaBlasina is 53 years old and lives in the municipality of Bello. She has four children—a big family that she loves and that has been challenging for her because she’s a humb...Read their story >
- LivestockArmeniaMeet Naira, 47! Naira is a hardworking farmer from Qaradzor village. She started her farm 20 years ago with the help of her husband Davit, 50. Together they have two sons, ...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonCameroonJoseph is a young man who is engaged. He has been working principally in hairdressing and has been a partner in selling telephone accessories and entertainment for ten year...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonJames is a 45 year old man, married and a father. He has been a farmer for years and is requesting a loan to buy phytosanitary (plant control) products for better maintena...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonBela is a 55 year old man and married. After his elementary studies he decided to dedicate himself to the cocoa field inherited from his father. It is thanks to this field ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,919 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.