Join Michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaYaneris works selling clothing in her community. She lives with her spouse who supports her in each project she takes on. Yaneris is asking for a loan to buy shirts, pants,...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasJosé, 56 years old, is married, lives with his grandson, and is from the community of Matiaral in the south of Honduras. He has his own house and has worked for over 10 to ...Read their story >
- AgricultureHondurasSeñor Juan lives in the small town of Nueva Esperanza, with his wife and children. He has made a living farming yuca and pineapple for many years, in addition to farming he...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaWith her great drive and perseverance, Zipporah has been a successful mixed farmer and has been able to educate and support her children.
Zipporah is a proud own...Read their story >
- LivestockKenyaAnnrita started farming 7 years ago. She loves farm animals for the social and economic benefits they provide. Currently, she has cows and five heads of poultry on her farm...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,558 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.