Join michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreColombiaWalter is just 25 years old and lives in the municipality of Medellin. This young man started his own store last year because he wanted to have a better economic situation,...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesCambodiaBoeun is 34 years old and is a married woman with three children. She sells grilled meat. Her husband sells sugarcane juice. Boeun has been running this business for 12 mon...Read their story >
- FarmingMoldovaAnisoara is a 23-year-old farmer in Radenii Vechi village in the Floresti region, Moldova. She is married and now she is waiting for a baby.
Anisoara started th...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesLebanonMirna is 21 years old; a single young Lady who lives with her parents in an owned apartment in Bekaa area. She is an employee in a real estate office and gets a limited inc...Read their story >
- PoultryEgyptNoura is 27, married, and has one son and one daughter. She has a small poultry business and her project is very successful.
She is requesting this loan to buy...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,023 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.