Join michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaLisa is a 44 year old unmarried woman with 5 children. She makes and sells cooked bananas and taro in her community to earn a living. She has 5 years of experience with thi...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- CobblerColombiaJohn is a 25 year old who lives in the city of Bogota, he is single and lives in his parents house. All of his family earn a living from making shoes and also selling them,...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- CattleEl SalvadorSalvador went to school until sixth grade. He is married and his wife is a homemaker. Only two of his children live at home; they are still in school.
Salvador...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FoodKenyaBetty is a single mother of three children, all of whom attend school. She owns a house that has electricity but no piped water. Her greatest monthly expenses are school fe...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- PigsUgandaFrancis is a repeat borrower at Ugafode, married and has five children. Francis is in the agricultural business, pig fattening and coffee growing. Francis requested for a ...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
Kiva lenders, like michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,339 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.