Albertina is 63 years old. She has 1 ...Read their story >
Join michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesPeruAlbertina belongs to the community bank Qory Orcco-Pucyura. The bank is located in the district and province of Anta Cusco.
Albertina is 63 years old. She has 1 ...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- CattleAzerbaijanKamil is 41 years old and he is refugee from the Bilasuvar region. He is married and has a large family. He is the only one working in the family. Kamil is a hard-working m...Read their story >Funding via Aqroinvest Credit Union
- TransportationPakistanAmbreen is a 26 year-old woman, living with her husband, two sons and one daughter in the area of Multan, Pakistan.
Ambreen’s husband is known for being a very ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesTeresita is a married woman with three children. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur. Teresita is 48 years old and two of her children are in school.
Teresita...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- ServicesZambiaGeorge is a young entrepreneur in the eastern part of Zambia called Chipata. Chipata has a lot of cotton and tobacco farming, so the economy of the area--although not as ri...Read their story >Funding via Zoona International
Kiva lenders, like michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,654 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.