Join michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanAfrat is a 54-year-old married woman. She is a hardworking and independent mother who is helping her family by providing services of tailoring at her home. She has been doi...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- General StorePakistanShabana is 37 years old and married, the mother of four children and living in the area of Lahore Pakistan. She is standing with her husband in the photo. She has been succ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaMatie is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Marere village who plans to use the proceeds from his farming activities this season to pay for his children’s school fees. Buildin...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Used ClothingSierra LeoneIn the photograph are members of the “One Work VI” group. They are small scale businessmen based in Kabala, a city in northern Sierra Leone. Together, they are requesting a...Read their story >Funding via Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT)
- FarmingKenyaRobert is a smallholder farmer based in the Litein area of Kenya, where agriculture is the main economic activity of the populace. His main source of income is milk and mai...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,050 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.