Join Michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Auto RepairKosovoAmir is 22 years old. He is a hardworking man who runs his own auto paint shop. He is the only one working in his family and he puts great effort in his work. He has worked...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaTabitha is a married woman with two children, all of whom attend school. She lives in her own house that has neither electricity nor piped water. Her greatest monthly expen...Read their story >
- Barber ShopEgyptFarag is 35, married, and has two children. He is financially responsible for his aging father who lives with him in the same house.
He has a barber shop and is...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSim’s Group lives in a rural village in Pursat province in Cambodia. Sim makes a living cultivating rice, and she also does extra work as a fisherman to support her family....Read their story >
- RetailKenyaSabina is a married woman with three children, all of whom attend school. She lives in her own house that has no electricity, but has piped water.
She has operat...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,899 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.