Join Michelle on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorNixon studied until the 3rd grade of basic education, he lives with his partner who does domestic chores and cares for the pigs and birds in the corral. Only two of their c...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanBahromjon is a 32-year-old resident of Gafurov, Tajikistan. He is married and a caregiver for two children - a son and a daughter. Bahromjon is the provider for food and ot...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanInogbek is a good-natured man. He is 39 years old, and he lives in the countryside with his family. He has three children. He tries to ensure that his family does not lack ...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaThis is Rachel, a happily married lady to Joshua. She is a dairy cow farmer and has been doing this business for many years. The quality of her milk is outstanding and her ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGreetings from Nkubu, Kenya!
Salome is a firm believer that people reap what they sow, and she wants to pass that on to the young ones under her care. She has be...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michelle, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,699 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.