Join Michael on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanTaalaibek is 49 years old, married, and has 3 children. He has a secondary-level education. Taalaibek offers hospitality services to tourists at his cottage. Additionally, ...Read their story >
- TaxiColombiaWilliam, 38 years old, is an independent worker who lives in the capital of the country and works transporting people in his taxi. He found this business opportunity upon a...Read their story >
- RetailRwandaDukorerabana acb is a group represented by Jacqueline, who is 42 years old. The group name means “Let us work for our children”, in English. She is married and has 8 childr...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorAlexis is a young, enterprising, 22-year-old man. He completed high school and is single without children.
Due to the financial situation in his country and the...Read their story >
- Furniture MakingEl SalvadorNelson is 32 years old. He studied until the eighth grade. He is married and his wife takes care of the household chores. They have a son who depends on them.
Ne...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,899 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.