Join Michael on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingSamoaTagi is a Samoan citizen. She is still fit and healthy to run her business of elei printing and sewing clothes to sell them in her community to earn a living. She has 5 chi...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) - Samoa
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorJenny studied until 9th grade in grade school. She is single and she doesn't have children.
Jenny has had a pupuseria in her home for 3 years and she learned a...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingTajikistanMamlakatkhon is 61 years old, married, and has seven children. She lives in Dj. Rasulov, Tajikistan. Mamlakatkhon was born into a family of farmers and is engaged in the fa...Read their story >Funding via IMON International
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorDeysi says that the last loan was a great help to her since she was able to strengthen her business. She comments that her current sales have been much better than in the p...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- TransportationPakistanParveen is 48 years old and married. The man shown in the photo is her husband who is a van driver by profession. He drives in the main city and makes enough income to cov...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,847 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.