Join Michael on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureEl SalvadorMartha, age 52, lives in her own house with her husband and her grandson. She has worked for ten years sowing corn and beans. When her harvest is ready she stores it in t...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- SewingColombiaToday can be a great day for young Yeison, a man of only 20 years old who needs your support to achieve what he previously believed impossible for his age and lack of resou...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Soft DrinksGhanaThis group of three members is part of Adjorman Group created in June 2011. It is made up of two dynamic women and one man who show great solidarity and are involved in bus...Read their story >Funding via ID Ghana
- FarmingCambodiaAt aged 54 years-old, Eng is a married mother who has four children, only two of them are in school. She is a villager living in Tbaung Khmum province. She struggles to ear...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Cambodia
- AgricultureNicaraguaCarlos is a coffee producer with 25 years experience in this role. At his 44 years of age, he has harvested up to 90qq of coffee on his small farm of 1.46 HA and this is th...Read their story >Funding via PAC
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,652 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.