Join Michael on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Alvard! Alvard is a nurse from Ararat region. She lives there with her parents. Alvard works at the regional hospital. However, her salary is not enough to meet her fa...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesParaguayThe group called “Las Mercedes” is a new group in which all the members have committed to work and to help each other to get ahead. They are taking the survey towards the e...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesVeneranda is a 67-year-old widow with four adult children. She lives in the village of Sto. Niño, Tukuran, Zamboanga del Sur. Veneranda is a retired teacher, but she want...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanZebiniso is a seamstress living in the city of Tursun-zoda. Zebiniso divorced her husband and lives with her two children. She is 47 years old. She sews women's dresses in ...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanNigina works as a seamstress out of her home in the city of Dushanbe. She is 31 years old. 1.5 years ago she launched her business embroidering traditional Tajik clothing. ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.