Join Michael on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaNancy is a hardworking farmer from a remote village in the Kenyenya area of Kenya. Thanks to her daily efforts, she has given her children a good foundation by sending them...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaPhilip is 31 years old and a happily married man. He is also a father of four children. Philip is a farmer and motorbike operator. He enjoys his business very much. Phi...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesBoliviaMarcos Samuel is a young, responsible person with plenty of eagerness to grow and start a business of his own. Looking to achieve this, he has been trained to produce meat ...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonAmira is a 50-year-old married man. He has been living in a local village, where he has dedicated himself to cocoa farming, for several years. He has owned a plantation of ...Read their story >
- Used ClothingKenyaRibayo is 28 years old, happily married and blessed with children. Her husband works in the military and is very supportive of the family. She sells second hand clothes for...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Michael, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.