Join Melody Maung on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RickshawPakistanShshzadi Talib is a 38-year-old lady living with her better half and three children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. In the picture she is standing with her husband. She h...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaEsther is a married woman with four children. She operates a retail business in which she sells sugar, soap, bread, flour and other items. She has been involved in this bus...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesSenegalThe 'banc villageois' of which this group is a part was inaugurated in July 2002. The group is composed of women who are developing commercial businesses. Ms. Dieyla, at th...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBetty's group was formed by eight farmers in Webuye District and is being represented by Betty, who is the group leader pictured above. She is 36 years old, is married, and...Read their story >
- Home EnergyPalestineIyad, who appears in the photo, is a 31-year-old from Gaza Strip. He is a married man and lives with his lovely wife in a small house. He works in the public sector where h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Melody Maung, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,604 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.