Join Megan H. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodUgandaTopher is a repeat client of the institution and is applying for a loan of 2,000,000 UGX. Topher is 30 years old and is happily married with three children. He hails from K...Read their story >
- Metal ShopColombiaSergio is 39 years old and lives in the municipality of La Union. He’s happily married to the love of all his life with whom he has two children, a beautiful family that ma...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanSurayo is a hardworking woman. She is 46 years old, married, and the mother of two children. She lives in the countryside and has worked as a tailor at a workshop for 25 ye...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanThis is Ultu. She is 51 years old. Ultu lives in the Vakhsh district. She is a kind and hardworking woman. Ultu is married and is mother to three children. She has one son ...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanIkbolzhon is 53 years old, married, and the father of 6 children. For about 25 years, Ikbolzhon has been working in agriculture to provide income for his family. Thanks t...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Megan H., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,387 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.