Join Megan H. on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaFilipina, age 48, prepares and sells barbeque to earn her living. Her customers are members of her community. She lives in Laulii with her husband and their two children.
Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- CerealsKenyaA fighter who never tires would be the words that best describe Idah. She lives in the Nkubu area of Kenya. Despite the importance of farmers and farming on the Nkubu econo...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- CattleTajikistanSanam has dedicated the last 8 years of her life to livestock raising. She and her husband raise cattle in the barn on their property. Sanam likes her work because it is a ...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- FarmingEl SalvadorRigoberto is a farmer who really enjoys working in the fields, growing corn. He learned to do this work when he was very young. His father involved him in his work and, s...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- FarmingSamoaVa is a 46-year-old mother with four children and has a small business selling vegetables (cabbage, eggplant, cucumbers) in her community to earn a living. Va requested a l...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
Kiva lenders, like Megan H., combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,123 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.