Join Mary on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailTajikistanKhakikat is a 45-year-old resident of the city of Isfara. It is a historic city and she is proud to live and work there. She has a husband and two children. Her daughter is...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliAbdoulaye is a cattle farmer who lives in Mali. He is 41 years old, married and father to five children, whose ages range from three months old to 11 years old; one daughte...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonDaniel is a 53-year-old father. He mostly grows cocoa plants, having inherited a plantation from his father. Thanks to this field, he can provide for his family, which is w...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanFozia is young woman. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She is a responsible mother of one son and one daughter.
Her husband is a rickshaw driver by profession...Read their story >
- TransportationPhilippinesRosenda is 50 years old and lives in Lintugop, Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines. She owns a jeepney and her husband runs a service-based business in which he provides...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mary, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,771 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.