Join Marta on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)This is a Village Group in Dedaye township, Myanmar, where deadly Cyclone Nargis struck the area on 2 May, 2008. Most of the villagers in this village are farmers, who usua...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorYoselin is married and lives with her partner and two children who are ages four and ten. Her business consists of selling hamburgers and cosmetics. The business has been o...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanNargas Nawaz is a professional tailor. She learned the art of sewing from her mother, at a very young age.
Nowadays, she's the trusted tailor of hundreds o...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPalestineShady is 28-years-old from Ramallah city in West Bank. He is a single man and lives with his parents. He tries so hard to provide his family everything they need. He works...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorNorma says that the previous loan was a big help, because she was able to have a good harvest. This allowed her to generate good profits with which she could pay off her lo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Marta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,385 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.