Join Marta on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailVietnamMrs Sinh is 57 years old and married, with 2 children. She is an ethnic minority. She has had a retail business selling incense and ghost money for 6 years. Sinh lives in T...Read their story >
- Food MarketTajikistanZahro, aged 41 and a resident of the Shahriston district, considers herself a very happy person because she has a loving husband and she is the mother of beautiful children...Read their story >
- WholesaleUgandaCryton is a 46-year-old married male, with two children who are going to school. He has a wholesale shop which deals in cosmetics. He used most of his money to build a comf...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaNa is age 40 years old and a married mother of three children. One of them is in school while the other two are too small for school. Na is now living in a wooden house loc...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaOun’s Group lives in a rural village in Kompong Cham Province in Cambodia. Oun makes a living cultivating rice and she works as a factory worker to support her family.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Marta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,809 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.