Join Marta on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgriculturePeru36-year-old Hilder is in a civil union. He lives in a rustic house that he owns, along with his wife and their children, in the Santo Tomás district of the Cutervo province...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- EmbroideryPakistanAmira is a 41-year-old woman living with her husband in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a mother of two daughters and two sons. Her husband is responsible for fulfilli...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Clothing SalesUkraineGabriella is a small entrepreneur from Vinogradovo. She sells men's and women's uderwear. Gabriella owns her vending location. She works there alone and has no hired employ...Read their story >Funding via Hope Ukraine
- DairyIndiaBebina is a 27-year-old enterprising woman. Bebina lives in Khurda of Odisha. Bebina has been running an animal husbandry business for a while now to support her family. Th...Read their story >Funding via Milaap
- FarmingKenyaBeatrice is the mother of six children and is a rural, smallholder farmer from the Kiminini, Kitale, area of Kenya. Beatrice is married to a fellow farmer. Her family's mai...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Marta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,675 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.