Join Marta on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RickshawPakistanZarina is a 31-year-old woman, living with her son and spouse in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband is a driver by profession and provides transportation service...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FishingPhilippinesAs a married mother of four children, Sisa works hard to support her family. She has a fishing business in the Philippines and also earns income from food vending.
Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- TaxiTajikistanIkromali is married and has two children. He has always wanted to provide his family with a good quality of life. It’s for this reason that he began his own driving busines...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- General StoreUgandaEmanuel is a hardworking married man living in Kamwenge, Uganda. He still operates a retail shop as a main business though he also earns additional income from agriculture....Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Home Products SalesGeorgiaTeona is a 36-year-old married woman. She lives in Zugdidi district with her husband and two children. Teona is involved in agricultural activities. She owns two cows and p...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
Kiva lenders, like Marta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,754 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.