Babe endures the heat of the sun...Read their story >
Join Marta on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesBabe Leilanie started selling barbecue on the roadside with a big umbrella. She is known by and calls herself “Babe” for short.
Babe endures the heat of the sun...Read their story >Funding via Alalay sa Kaunlaran (ASKI)
- Milk SalesPakistanAs it is for many women, it was financial constraints that played a potent factor in encouraging Rukhsana to approach Kashf Foundation in search of a loan. Rukhsana is a 57...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Personal Housing ExpensesKosovoMinire is a very hardworking woman who comes from a Roma community and is the mother of three children. Recently she became a mother of a baby girl, and she is very happy t...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
- PoultryEl SalvadorMarleni is 38 years old. With her dedication, she managed to get her high school diploma even though she had to work during the week and study on the weekends. Her husband ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- PigsVietnamHoa, born in 1972, is a Thai ethnic woman. She is living with her husband and her son in Mai Son district, Son La province.
Her family’s main occupation is breed...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution
Kiva lenders, like Marta, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,949 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.