Join MaritaR on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringPakistanSaima Noreen is a women entrepreneur, struggling to bring prosperity to her family with active support of her husband. She is 29 years old and lives in a small house locate...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
- General StoreSamoaFaaselau is 57 years old and married with 6 children. She owns and operates a small store, selling a variety of items. She has been doing this for 4 years. She needs a loan...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- ConstructionLebanonHussein is a 19-year-old Lebanese single man. He lives in a undeveloped area with his parents and two siblings. He is an ambitious man who started to work in the constructi...Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
- PigsColombiaJose is 44 years old and lives in the municipality of Los Palmitos. He has 3 children, 2 daughters and 1 son, and they are what keep him strong. His father taught him how t...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesBenedicto is from the rural town of Talibon, Bohol. He provides motorcycle transportation services, locally known as “habal-habal”. He is a 54-year-old married man with fou...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI), a partner of VisionFund International
Kiva lenders, like MaritaR, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,219 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.