Join MaritaR on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPalestineYousef, who appears in the photo, is a 22-year-old man from Jabalia city in Gaza strip .He is a single man living with his parents and he tries hard to provide them with al...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Soft DrinksGuatemalaFlor de Maria is a thirty-four-year-old woman. She lives with her husband and their two children in a community of Santa Lucia Cotzumalguapa. Her children attend the commun...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingCongo (Dem. Rep.)After the instruction Amoni received in his training group for seniors he has now had six years experience [farming]. His agricultural activity contributes to the survival ...Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
- AgricultureBoliviaMartha lives and works in Colomi. Economically, she is independent, hardworking, responsible and entrepreneurial in order to keep her job stable. She is married and has 1 d...Read their story >Funding via CIDRE
- Beauty SalonArmeniaSyuzanna is a talented hairdresser from Yerevan. Syuzanna lives in one of the suburbs of Yerevan with her mother. Syuzanna loves her profession, which began as a hobby. She...Read their story >Funding via SEF International
Kiva lenders, like MaritaR, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,602 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.