Join MaritaR on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PhotographyPalestineTariq is 20 years old and lives in Hebron. He is a bachelor and a dreamer Palestinian youth. He is an independent person and besides continuing his university studies he ha...Read their story >Funding via Vitas Palestine
- DairyKyrgyzstanKulsunbu is 54 years old and a widow. Kulsunbu has a secondary education. She works as a hospital orderly, and she has also reared animals for 30 years. Kulsunbu really lov...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- Home EnergyMexicoEulogio is one of the hardworking farmers who lives in a small locality in the state of Guerrero. He cultivates corn and beans all year his own use and also to sell. With ...Read their story >Funding via ERES Energía Renovable
- LivestockKyrgyzstanJamila has successfully repaid her original loan, having used the funds as intended. She is very grateful to Kiva and to everyone who helped finance her loan. Today she has...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank CJSC
- RetailKenyaChrispine is a 50-year-old man from Kisumu, married and supporting four people in his family. He operates a retail kiosk where he sells salt, cooking oil, sugar and bar soa...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
Kiva lenders, like MaritaR, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,366 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.