Join MaritaR on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FishingPhilippinesJerny lives in Concepcion, Iloilo, where most communities earn a living through fishing. He is in one of those communities that support their family through this livelihood...Read their story >
- PigsVietnamMrs. Ngan is 46 years old and the mother of two children. Her main income is from livestock. She has many years of experience in pig raising. Her intention is to develop p...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaUrima is a 35-year-old married woman with six children. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has two years of experience in this business. Ur...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaOriginating from Kinkiba village, Musa is a Babban Gona maize farmer.
Despite working several hours on the farm, he was only able to eat 2 meals a day. However, ...Read their story >
- PoultryEl SalvadorArgelio only went to school up to the ninth grade. He is married and has one child. His wife works taking care of the household chores and raising chickens. Angelio has a l...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like MaritaR, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,525 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.