Join MaritaR on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMaliDjeneba raises livestock. She is 50 years old and illiterate. Living in a village in Mali, she is married and the mother of 9 children aged 5 to 22, 3 of which have attende...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- CattleUgandaLevi is 36 years old and he lives in the western region of Uganda. Levi used to work at a diary but now he is a farmer and he is the owner of a rich farm. On his farm Levi ...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorJosé administers a business selling "pupusas" and different drinks. He's had the business for 5 years. He attends his clients from Friday to Sunday from 4-8PM. This is h...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- General StorePhilippinesAdelita is 64 years old and widowed with ten children. With one child in school, Adelita works very hard to provide for them. Adelita runs a general store in the Philipp...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- TaxiBoliviaRosa has been married for more than 4 years to Salvador, with whom she has two small children. Rosa became pregnant when she was very young and had to work in everything in...Read their story >Funding via CIDRE
Kiva lenders, like MaritaR, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,005 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.