Join MaritaR on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesPakistanIt was hard for Yasmeen to manage her household expenses with the small income of her husband. Yasmeen is a 30-year-old married woman. Some years ago she started her busine...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Animal SalesPakistanDay-by-day increasing expenditures compelled Rasheedan to initiate her own business selling animals. She is a 47-year-old married woman who has been doing business, with t...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- PropertyPhilippinesMaricel is 35 years old, married and has only one child. Her husband is an overseas Filipino worker in Dubai.
Maricel has an apartment business; she has been op...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- RickshawPakistanTasleem is the age of 30 and a mother of two children. She is living with her spouse in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Her husband is responsible to fulfill the needs of the...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorNeris studied until grade 9 when she became pregnant with her first child and had to abandon her studies. Her partner works as an employee at a business. She has two childr...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like MaritaR, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,030 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.