Join maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaAminu is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Kuidawa village with big dreams. In addition to farming, he hopes to diversify his income and purchase a tractor using the profit f...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoBrayan is a single young man, 21 years old. He lives in the city of Monterrey where he has had a small barbershop for two years. He is very close to his family so he wants ...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
- CattleColombiaRuben Dario is a 21-year-old young man, who works in agriculture, which he learned from his parents. He is a proud farmer, who has established and maintained his business w...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesAs a married parent of three children, Emecita works hard to support her family.
She has a food vending business in the Philippines. Emecita is borrowing PHP 26,...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- PigsPhilippinesJocelyn is 37 years old and is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Jocelyn has a business raising pigs in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 18,000 loan amount t...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,918 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.