Join maria on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMiriam is 32 years old and has five children. She has been a farmer for 10 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Miriam is the only one feat...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Fruits & VegetablesUgandaThirty-seven-year-old Francis started his business of growing bananas after seeing how profitable it was, as well as to serve the need of looking after his family.
Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
- FarmingArmeniaIn Zovaber village of Gegharkunik region, Manvel lives with his wife. For many years, he used to work as a driver, and she managed passenger transfers around the region. No...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)Hla, aged 59, is the featured borrower of the Ah Se' Ka Lay-1 (A) Village Group. Group members usually spend most of their time farming. Hla started duck farming 15 years ...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- Higher education costsPalestineMahmmud is a 20-year-old from Gaza Strip. He is studying Business Administration at the local university, and he is studying hard. He dreams of finishing university and the...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like maria, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,379 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.