Join Ludmila on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJose is 24 years old, he is in a relationship and he has a daughter. Jose works farming staple grains such as maize and beans. He learned this activity from his parents and...Read their story >
- FoodGuatemalaDúo Luchando Por Nuestros Sueños includes Glenda, 47 years old, who is married and the mother of two grown children. For six years, she has been selling French fries and ch...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaJesca is a married woman. She has 1 child. She describes herself to be ambitious.
Jesca operates a retail business where she sells electronics. She has been inv...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorGabriela studied through high school. She is married and has a three year old daughter. She has to pay rent for the house where she stays with her family.
Gabrie...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorMario studied until the seventh grade. Currently, he is in a relationship and his partner works as a day laborer. They have one daughter who is a student in school.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ludmila, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,909 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.