Join Luci on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreUgandaPatrick is a businessman from Kololo centre, Hoima district. He is aged 30 and married with two children. He operates a retail shop located in the same area. He started up ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueFrancisco is 56 years old. He is married, in the military, and the father of three children who are in different grades in school. He has no other dependents, and he lives ...Read their story >
- PoultryKenyaGladys is a smallholder farmer who resides in a remote village in Eldoret. Gladys, 42 years of age, is married to her handsome husband, who plays an important role in their...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesSierra LeoneGreetings from Sierra Leone.
This is 42-year-old Haja from the Wara Wara branch. She is married with two children who are between the ages of 8 and 18 years. She...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesPalestineAhmed, who appears in the photo, is a 25-year-old from Gaza Strip. He is a single young man lives with his family, he tries so hard to provide his family all things they ne...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Luci, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,522 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.