Join Lourdes on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesColombiaSherly, 26, is a dynamic woman who started selling merchandise when she became unemployed, an event that sparked a business opportunity that has allowed her to generate an ...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesColombiaBeatriz, age 42, is a warrior who has carved out a life for herself through effort and sacrifice. She is the mother of two children.
In order to meet her fina...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonColombiaMonica is an experiential stylist who learned hair care techniques from her sister-in-law who is the owner of a beauty salon where she worked for an extensive time and year...Read their story >
- SewingColombiaNora is 39 years old and lives in the municipality of Bello. She’s a single mother who has a beautiful daughter. She has been a great mother, brave and responsible. She has...Read their story >
- SewingColombiaMarta is 42 years old and lives in the municipality of Medellin. She’s a divorced woman who has a daughter who she loves very much. She has a sewing business she started la...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lourdes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,603 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.