Join Lorrie on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaDevin is very positive in her approach to her farm decisions. She takes all responsibilities in her farm to heart and works towards her goals. She is determined to succeed ...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaSheilah is 27 years old. She is single with two children.
She has had a retail shop business for two years. She will be using the loan to purchase a fridge to k...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreIndiaIndira is a 34-year-old woman hailing from the district of Balangir in Odisha. She has a household size of four members and a household monthly income of INR 6,000. She is ...Read their story >
- ServicesKenyaMargaret, 38, is happily married and blessed with children. Her husband is a farmer, and they support their family together. She is a business lady who runs a posho mill fo...Read their story >
- AquacultureEcuadorSegundo is 65 years old and lives in Pampanal de Bolívar, a small island. He lives with his wife and has 10 children, nine of whom have their own families. One of his daugh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lorrie, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,873 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.