<...Read their story >
Join Loralee on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockHondurasYoung Luis is 23 years old. He is married and has 2 children. He lives with his wife in a house they own, in the municipality of Poncaya Olancho in eastern Honduras.
<...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras
- CerealsKenyaHellen is a smallholder woman farmer full of dreams and aspirations in her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Nyamira, in the Nyanza region of Kenya...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesArmando is 58 years old, married, and has three adult children. He lives in Clarin, Misamis Occidental.
Armando has been earning his living by planting and harv...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- FishingPhilippinesJestoni is a 35-year-old fisherman. He has been doing this fishing business for four years to raise his family and support his children. They are aged 4 and 2 years old.
Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- General StoreKenyaNancy is a Kiva borrower. She has 3 children. She describes herself to be focused.
She operates a retail business where she sells cooking fat, bread, soap, flou...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Loralee, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.