Join Loralee on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingVietnamMrs. Sang is 40 years old and is married with three children. Sang lives in Tinh Gia district, a semi-urban town in Thanh Hoa province. She has worked in agriculture raisin...Read their story >
- VehicleEl SalvadorJosé studied up to the 9th grade in school, is married, and his wife works at the household tasks. they have a child who goes to school.
José has worke...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaBenito, 61, is married with three children. Benito has been working in Communications for 26 years, and it is his only source of income. Benito needs a loan to complete the...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaThe women in the picture is Ra. She is 48 years old and lives in Srey Snom district of Siem Reap province, Cambodia. She grows rice and cassava to earn income to feed her f...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaNicholas is 29 years old. He is married with 2 children. He has had his business for 3 years.
He has requested a loan from VisionFund Kenya which he will be usi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Loralee, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,501 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.