Join Loralee on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaPhorn, 37, is married and lives with her two children in a rural village of the Vel Veng district of Pursat province, Cambodia. She earns a living through farming rice and ...Read their story >
- LivestockKenyaCatherine is 35 years old. She is married with four children. She has had a dairy farming business for two years.
Catherine will be using the loan to purchase t...Read their story >
- ClothingCongo (Dem. Rep.)"My mother was a merchant for a long time," Sifa told us. "She sold traditional clothing at the big market and so she taught us how to do it. My husband gave me some money,...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaVivian is very hardworking and determined. She is married to a fellow farmer and blessed with cute and admirable children. Vivian resides in a remote area in the Bomet regi...Read their story >
- DairyPakistanLike many women, it was financial constraints that played a potent factor in encouraging Aneela to approach Kashf Foundation in search of a loan. Aneela is a 29-year-old ma...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Loralee, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,796 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.