Join Liz on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMaliArsike is the man seated in the photo. He is 37 years old, is married to a housewife and is the father of four children, who range in age from 2 to 9. One of his children i...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- LivestockMaliOumou is one of the members of the group. She is the one showing the ram in the photo. She is 27 years old, married and the mother of three girls and three boys. She is Mal...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- LivestockMaliSeydou is a 40-year-old Malian man. He is educated and the father of four children, aged three to 12, one of whom is in school. He was able to buy one ox to raise and breed...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- LivestockMaliMinata is a 45 year old woman from Mali. Smiling, she is the one in the center of the photo holding the horn of the ram. Married, she is the mother of seven children, fou...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- LivestockMaliDjelika is Malian and 39 years old. She is pictured holding the rope for the two goats in the centre of the photo, looking happy. She is a married mother of 8; 7 boys and o...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
Kiva lenders, like Liz, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.