Join Liz on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockMaliKamissa is a married woman and a mother of five children. She is the one holding the animal's horns in the photo. She is 45 years old, and her husband is a peasant and also...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliHawa, 32, (pictured above holding the leash) is married and the mother of three children. Her husband is a farmer and cattle raiser, and they live together in the Mali coun...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliHawa is a 32-year-old Malian woman, who is married and mother to three children, whose ages range from one to eight years old; one of the children goes to school. Hawa is i...Read their story >
- LivestockMaliKadia, the one holding the sheep in the photo, is 36 and lives with her husband, a farmer, in Mali. She has four children to support, and two of them are attending school. ...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesMaliA Malian woman, OUMOU is 33 years old, married, and the mother of three children, of whom two are in school. Her children are aged 2 to 12. One of them is not yet old enoug...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Liz, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,032 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.