Jesus sells clothes and accessories for men and women. He needs a l...Read their story >
Join Liz on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesBoliviaJesus is the father of 3 children. He and his family are living in the house of his parents.
Jesus sells clothes and accessories for men and women. He needs a l...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- FarmingPeruSantos Lupo Is 56 years old and is in a common-law relationship. He lives with his spouse in the district of Cañaris, Ferreñafe province, Lambayeque province, Peru. He has ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesTeresita is a businesswoman who earns income by retailing various items. She is a full-fledged member of PMPC and enjoys the benefits of insurance and financial assistance....Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Butcher ShopPalestineJaser, who appears in the photo, is 26 years old from a village near Nablus City in West Bank. He is a single man who lives with his parents. He is trying hard to provide t...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Fish SellingSierra LeoneBintu leads a group of four members in Moyamba solidarity group. She is shown at the right of the picture.
Bintu is a thirty-two-year-old mother of one child ag...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
Kiva lenders, like Liz, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,249 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.