Join Liz on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorRoberto is a 56-year-old man who has a high school education. He did not continue his schooling due to economic reasons. He is married and his wife has a small cafe outside...Read their story >
- CattleEgyptRagab is 29, married, and has one child. He is financially responsible for his ageing mother, who also lives with him in the same house. Ragab has a small fattening project...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJelma is 46 years old and married with nine children, five of whom are in school. Jelma works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Phil...Read their story >
- FarmingPalestineAhmad, who appears in the photo, is 24 years old and comes from a village near Jenin city in West Bank. He is a single man living with his parents. He tries so hard to prov...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanMussarat is 54 years old active borrower of BRAC Pakistan. She is a mother of 6 children and her husband is a labour by profession, he is only responsible to fulfill the ne...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Liz, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,001 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.