Join Frank on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaChamroeun, 45, is a married mother of two school aged children who resides in the Takeo province of Cambodia. She is a rice farmer and has been working in this field for th...Read their story >
- PoultrySenegalThis group with 17 members is part of a banc villageois created in December 2010. It joins very united women who make a living mainly raising livestock, commerce and farmin...Read their story >
- General StoreRwandaAbanyamurava cb is a group represented by Jean Marie, who is 34 years old. The group name means “Who works hard” in English. He is married and has 3 children aged between 7...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesLebanonHosn is a married woman from Lebanon. Born in 1985, she lives with her husband and four kids in their own apartment in the Bekaa area. She works in the beauty sector specia...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePalestineFalah, who appears in the photo, is 25 years old from Rafah city in Gaza Strip. He is a single man living with his parents. He tries so hard to provide his family all the t...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Frank, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,890 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.