Join Frank on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaJackson, age 31 years, works as a town agent, earning a monthly salary as a government employee. He is equally involved in farming, mainly cocoa-growing, and running a reta...Read their story >
- ServicesParaguayReinaldo is from the city of Itá. He works buying and selling construction materials. He has two trucks that he uses to do his work. He is a very entrepreneurial and hardwo...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesTajikistanBibioyisha is a very peaceful woman who lives in the A. Jomi district. She lives with her husband and four children. He husband is retired and two sons work in Russia in co...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeoneHello from Kandehtown, a community near the small and busy southern city of Bo.
This is Inna, a young and hardworking local businesswoman.
Inna is ma...Read their story >
- AgricultureTajikistanZokir is a 60 year old man, married with three children. Zokir is the breadwinner of his five-person family, and to feed them he must work every day. Because he lives in a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Frank, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,168 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.