Join Lauren on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CateringNicaraguaJarlin is a solidarity group that consists of three members who want to grow their respective businesses. The coordinator is Jarlin, 29, who is married and has two minor d...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreLebanonZeinab is a physically disabled woman who was born in 1978. She is single and lives in the Beirut area. She is an ambitious woman who is working on upgrading her lifestyle....Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesEmelda is a married woman with six children, four of whom are in school. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur. Emelda is 41 years old.
She has a fish ve...Read their story >
- ServicesJordanMohamed is 38 years old. What started out as a hobby has turned into the trade in which he works with the help of his father. After his father passed away, Mohamed became...Read their story >
- RetailLebanonHaifa, a married woman, born in 1961, lives with her daughter and husband in a rented apartment in Bekaa area. She established her own retail store selling makeup, bags acc...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lauren, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,646 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.