Join Lauren on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreLebanonImad is a 44-year-old single Lebanese man who lives with his mother and two siblings. After the death of his father, he became the main income provider in the family since ...Read their story >Funding via Vitas. s.a.l.
- Food Production/SalesSamoaIuni is a 25-year-old single woman with one child. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has two years of experience with this business.
Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- HotelGeorgiaSopio 35 years old. She is married and lives with her husband in Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia. Sopio and her husband decided to open a hotel and they need some addition...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- Decorations SalesEl SalvadorCatalina is 52 years old. She is in a relationship and has two children who still live with her. Her son works as a credit officer and her daughter is in school.
Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingNigeriaJudah is a hard working Babban Gona maize farmer from Magada II village. Judah lives in a modest mud house with his family. Thanks to his hard work, he feeds his family wit...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Lauren, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,742 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.