Join Lauren on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattlePeruRobert is a 60-year-old man who lives with his wife in the rural area La Capilla, located in Moquegua. He works in agriculture raising cattle, always putting a lot of atten...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesMarites and her husband are engaged in a fishing business to earn a living. They have been doing this for many years to supports their children. They have five children; tw...Read their story >
- PoultryEl SalvadorAna is single. She currently lives with her nephews, who are the ones who help her with her business of selling both live and seasoned chickens. Ana has been doing this wor...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanZulaiho is a skilled craftswoman of the age of 38. She lives int he city of Khujand, and provides a sewing service. She started her sewing business some years ago. Zulaiho ...Read their story >
- Land RentalEl SalvadorWilmer is 27 years old. He studied until the ninth grade. He is single and lives with his parents with whom he works and helps with the household expenses.
Wilme...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lauren, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,927 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.