Join Larry & Helen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- JewelryHondurasFanny is 34 years old, married, and has two daughters. She lives in the municipality of Macuelizo, Santa Bárbara. She has always made a living selling clothing. Currently, ...Read their story >Funding via Organizacion de Desarrollo Empresarial Femenino (ODEF)
- FoodTanzaniaNelly, 32, is a married mother of two school-going kids. She has been working as a door-to-door distributor of rice and beans for three good years now, and she works from 8...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
- PigsVietnamHien is an ethnic Thai woman. Her family has four members, including her husband and her two sons. The family is living in Mai Son district, Son La province. Her family’...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution Limited
- AgricultureTajikistanThis is Safargul. She is 40 years old, has 4 children and she is the main breadwinner in the family. She lives in a village. Seventeen years ago she began her own business ...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- Personal PurchasesTajikistanAzizahon is a seamstress, living in the city of Isfara with her husband and children. She is 45 years old. She sews women's dresses in the national style. She devises the s...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
Kiva lenders, like Larry & Helen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,996 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.