Join Larry & Helen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonPakistanZubaida, age 52, operates a beauty parlor to earn an income. She specializes in makeover services, and she has many appreciative regular clients from her community. She has...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesBibina has big plans for her family and wants to improve their living conditions. As a microfinance member of Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative, she availed a loan to purch...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)In the above picture are Maung, Win, Myint and Tin who are loan clients of Sin Min-2 (D) Village Group in Myingyan Township in Myanmar. Maung (first from the left) is marri...Read their story >Funding via Proximity Designs
- CattleMaliSalif is the man holding the steer's rope in the picture. He is 43 years old. His wife Marié sells peanuts. Salif went to Koranic school He has six children, three of whom ...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Higher education costsPalestineBilal, who appears in the photo, is 25 years old and from Rafah City in the Gaza strip. He is studying history at a local university; he dreams to be a great teacher in the...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Larry & Helen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,129 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.