Join Larry & Helen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanZebiniso is a seamstress living in the city of Tursun-zoda. Zebiniso divorced her husband and lives with her two children. She is 47 years old. She sews women's dresses in ...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- PigsCambodiaA resident in the Prey Veng province of Cambodia, Mrs. Yeng is 58 years old. She is married and has two children, one of whom is a builder and other is a garment factory wo...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- Higher education costsJordanFatima is a mother with seven sons and four daughters. She worked hard to provide for her children and raise them well after her husband married another. She raised livesto...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- CattleArmeniaArarat is 55 years old and lives with his family in Kavart, a village in the Syunik region. For many years and till now, Ararat has worked at the Kapan city combine. At the...Read their story >Funding via Nor Horizon
- FarmingUgandaAndrew lives in Hoima, Uganda. He deals in farming, growing a variety of crops. He has farmed for nearly ten years. He is thirty-one years old, a hardworking, married man a...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
Kiva lenders, like Larry & Helen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,195 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.