Join Larry & Helen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreCambodiaSarom is a 49-year-old married grocer with a dependent teenager. She resides in a village in the Kampong Chhnang Province in Cambodia. She has been in this business for ove...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution Plc.
- Soft DrinksEl SalvadorWith a lot of hard work and sacrifice, Glenda has gotten ahead. She lives with her husband and children. She has no relatives outside of the country. She manages her busine...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Personal Housing ExpensesGuatemalaJuan is 45 years old, married with a beautiful family, and lives in a community in the town of Chuachinup.
In order to generate income and help carry his family,...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- Beauty SalonKenyaHalima is a married woman. She has one child.
She operates a beauty salon where she offers beauty services. She has been involved in this business for two years...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgricultureUgandaRonald is 25 years old and a member of BNW Group. He is a veterinary attendant in the Kaliro district. He is married with two children, one of whom goes to school. He start...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance Limited
Kiva lenders, like Larry & Helen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,027 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.