Join Larry & Helen on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureHondurasHeber is a very hard-working person who wants to better himself. His main activity is growing coffee. He lives with his family. He started working on coffee crops from a ve...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras, S.A.
- Plastics SalesSierra LeoneZone Two is a group that has come together to help themselves achieve their individual dreams by obtaining a loan to improve their sales. Kadiatu is the leader and the futu...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
- General StorePhilippinesJucy is 33 years old and married. With one child in school, Jucy works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoClaudia is a 37 year old divorced woman. Her former husband disappeared from her life, leaving her in full charge of their son, so she is now raising him as a single mother...Read their story >Funding via Kubo.financiero
- FarmingEl SalvadorWendy, 32 years old, lives in her own house with her husband and two children. She works in agriculture, cultivating basic grains. She sells her products in the different m...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Larry & Helen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,144 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.