Join klaeui on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesMaliLassina is the man holding the horn of the ram in the photo. He is forty years old and married. His wife is a homemaker. Lassina never went to school. He is the father of e...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- RickshawPakistanFarzana is 41 years old and lives in Lahore, Pakistan. She is married and has four children, all of whom are currently in school. For the past many years, Farzana’s husband...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- CerealsKenyaJosphine is a happily married lady aged 42 years old.Her husband is employed and they support one another. Josphine sells cereals for a living and she has been doing this b...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- CerealsKenyaRose is 38 years old. She is married and has one child. She has had a cereals business for 13 years.
She has requested a loan which she will be using to purchas...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Kenya
- General StorePhilippinesJosedith is a resident of Carles, Iloilo. She is a married woman and is blessed with three children, ages 15, 7 and a months old baby. She has been running a sari-sari (var...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
Kiva lenders, like klaeui, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,163 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.