Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FishingPhilippinesTeresa is a resident of Carles, Iloilo. She is 58 years old, married, and has three children to support. The oldest child is 21 years old, while the youngest child is 14 ye...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
- Soft DrinksRwandaClaudine is 40 years old and married with children. Due to her experience and background, Claudine was nominated as the group leader for Imena. Claudine is the one with her...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Rwanda
- Spare PartsMadagascarMahery is 25 years old and married. They young couple does not yet have children. The family lives in a wood house. Previously, Mahery worked with a friend to sell auto par...Read their story >Funding via Crédit Epargne Formation (CEFOR)
- General StorePhilippinesMenerva is a married woman with two children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Menerva is 34 years old and has one child who is currently in school. Menerva has a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaSale is a hardworking Babban Gona maize farmer from Tsamiyar Shawara village. He is grateful to be a member of Kiva's field partner Babban Gona, his partner in the fight ag...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,147 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.