Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryZimbabweA loan of $450 will help Sheila increase her chicken batches. She will be able to buy a batch of chickens and all the recommended feeds from the starter to finisher feeds a...Read their story >Funding via Thrive Microfinance ltd
- Personal Products SalesColombiaJudis, at 26 years old, is the mother of 1 son, who she has provided for with arduous effort and dedication.
For a long time she has worked as an independent bus...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Clothing SalesTajikistanMukadama is a 25-year-old woman who lives in the small town of Kanibadam together with her small and friendly family. Mukadama is not married. She sells women's clothes at ...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- General StorePhilippinesMarilou is 28 years old, single with two children. She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 25000 loan thr...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Grocery StoreTanzaniaAmina is a married woman with four school-going children. She is in her early forties and she's working at her four-year-old village shop, which usually opens at 6 am and c...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania Ltd
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,697 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.