He operates a retail business where he sells clothes, belts and socks. He ha...Read their story >
Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaRichard is a married man. He has one child. He describes himself to be God fearing.
He operates a retail business where he sells clothes, belts and socks. He ha...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PrintingGeorgiaIamze is 33 years old. She lives with her pensioner mother in the Batumi district. Iamze works as a consultant at local shop. She decided to start a new business. The S...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaDina Elizabeth is an enterprising and hard-working woman, full of dreams. She makes a living selling frozen treats (fruit ice-cream, [frozen] chocolate bananas and chocoani...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
- TailoringPalestineLama is an amazing mother who lives in Jenin city. Lama's husband works as employee, but he cannot cover all the needs for his big family. Lama wants to help him in any way...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- General StoreKenyaSusan is a single mother aged 27 years. She is blessed with two children whom she supports, and she lives in Nakuru.
Susan has been a shopkeeper for a long time....Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,157 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.