Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Beauty SalonJordanRabab is a married woman and mother of two children. She is 41 years old and lives in Irbid, which is considered a conflict zone because it is affected by the Syrian crisi...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- CattleEgyptSamir is 42, married to a housewife, and has 3 daughters and 2 sons. He is a farmer and has a good experience in raising cattle.
He is requesting a loan to buy ...Read their story >Funding via Together Association for Development and Environment (TADE)
- AgricultureEl SalvadorRaimundo is 59 years old and studied up to Grade 3 of basic education. He is married and his wife makes a living raising pigs and processing milk. He has six children who n...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Fish SellingPhilippinesAs a married mother of four children, Larenda works hard to support her family. She has a fish vending business in the Philippines. Larenda is borrowing PHP 14,000 through ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- FoodPhilippinesReynaldo is a 41-year-old man. He is a balot vendor. Balut (spelled standardized as balot) is a developing bird embryo (usually a duck or chicken) that is boiled and eaten ...Read their story >Funding via Community Economic Ventures, Inc. (CEVI)
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,826 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.