Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorMaría is a very hard-working woman and currently lives with her two children who are aged 18 and 22, but who are still studying. It could be said she Maria is a single moth...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Food Production/SalesPeruRosa Isabel is 52 years old and is in a common-law marriage. She lives with her spouse and their two children in the home they own in the district of Lagunas, Chiclayo prov...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- Home Products SalesColombiaAna is a young entrepreneur. She is 25 years old and through selling merchandise she has found an opportunity to generate additional income to supplement that of her partne...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorDina is a very well-known woman in the area she lives in. She is an exemplary mother who strives from day to day to raise her four children who live with her. Since her par...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- DairyEl SalvadorJosé is 73 years old. He went to school up to the fourth grade. He is married, and his wife has worked taking care of the household chores her whole life. Only his youngest...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,051 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.