She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >
Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesJenny Grace is 48 years old and married with two children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Personal PurchasesNigeriaYakubu is a Babban Gona maize farmer from Dogami village with big dreams. In addition to farming, he hopes to diversify his income and purchase a tractor using the profit f...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- TailoringPakistanThis is Salma, a married woman living in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking woman and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a professi...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- RetailColombiaMarta is a 52-year-old woman who is married and the mother of two children. She currently earns her living by selling merchandise. Marta started this business seven years...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- General StorePhilippinesMaricon is 37 years old and married with four children, who are in school. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines a...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,697 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.