Join Kiva Staff on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home Products SalesGuatemalaPanajachel, also known as “Pana”, is a very busy town on the shores of the majestic Lake Atitlan, in the Western Highlands of Guatemala. Tourists from throughout the world ...Read their story >Funding via Friendship Bridge
- CattleTajikistanDilshod is a friendly, smart, and responsible man. He and his family live in the Pyandj region. He is 28 years old, and he has been doing agricultural work for a few years....Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- FarmingKenyaCharles is a thriving, driven smallholder farmer, a force to be reckoned with. He is a proud smallholder farmer who started practicing farming out of economic necessity. He...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- RetailUgandaChristopher used his previous loan to buy cement, nails, paint, iron bars and iron sheets to sell. He lives in Hoima, Uganda, and sells cement, iron sheets and other hardwa...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Auto RepairCambodiaNat is a single man who lives in Sdok Chrey Village, Tang Samraong Commune, Phnum Sruoch District, Kampong Speu Province. He is in engine repairs (machine tractors), Nat is...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL), a partner of Save the Children
Kiva lenders, like Kiva Staff, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,356 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.