Join Kimberly on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaAged 44 years, Shakila is a married lady and a mother of 4 children.She supports her family and other relatives from her business.She sells fruits and vegetables for a livi...Read their story >
- Food MarketSierra LeonePictured here are members of the "God Gee" Group from Kabala, a city in northern Sierra Leone. They are petty-businesswomen who have come to Salone Microfinance Trust (SMT)...Read their story >
- PubColombiaThis is Doralba, a 40 year old woman who makes a living operating her own deli business. She is separated, a warrior of a thousand battles, who has known how to rise up aga...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesHondurasSonia, 61 years old, is married and has one child. She lives with her family in an area of Villanueva, Cortes. For 16 years, she has worked with two business activities: th...Read their story >
- TaxiEcuadorJaime is a retired soldier, divorced, and has 3 children. Jaime, after his divorce, returned to live with his mother whom he now maintains.
Jaime works from Mond...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kimberly, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,602 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.