Join Kimberly on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEgyptAzza is 34, married, and has 3 children. Her husband works in pre-painting preparations, and she has a small fattening project that she started to provide a stable income f...Read their story >
- Barber ShopPalestineHassan is a 26-years-old from Khan Younis, Gaza Strip. He is a married man and lives with his wife. He is the sole provider for the family, who rely on his income to make e...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)In Ga Lone – 1 (D) Village Group's loan clients are from In Ga Lone, a village located in Kungyangone township, Myanmar. There are five clients in this group: Yin, Tin, Yee...Read their story >
- Food MarketLiberiaRose is 44 years old, married and the mother of four children, all of whom live at home while attending school. She is a hardworking and honest businesswoman who earns a li...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Henzel, a farmer with 30 years of experience. Henzel is 53 and is from Aragats village. There he lives with his pensioner parents, his wife Anna, 49, and two adult son...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kimberly, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,870 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.