Join Kimberly on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaMuthoni, pictured in her house, is a smallholder woman farmer full of dreams and aspirations in her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Chuka, in the...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaBadamasi, who resides in Kofar Fada village, is a Babban Gona maize farmer who manages a 0.6-hectare maize farm, through which he supports his family.
Luckily, a...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesKenyaVeronicah is 47 years old. She is married with 2 children. She has had a retail shop business for 8 years.
She will be using the loan to purchase stocks of soap...Read their story >
- FarmingArmeniaMeet Alvard from Armavir region! Alvard is a hardworking and skillful agronomist who spends most of her day on the farm. She is 36 and she lives with her husband, her mothe...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorWendy works selling clothing, a business she started to generate the income needed to meet her obligations. She hasn't had any problems administering her business so far. W...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kimberly, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.