In t...Read their story >
Join Kick It Forward on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Home AppliancesCambodiaSokly’s group lives in a rural village in Battambang province in Cambodia. Sokly does extra work as a farmer and village coordinator to support her family.
In t...Read their story >
- TransportationArmeniaMeet Davit, who is from the town of Vanadzor. He lives with his wife and daughter. Some lenders might recall that he is a minibus driver since he is a previous Kiva borro...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanRukhsana, age 39, is a homemaker who lives in Lahore with her spouse and their three sons. She is pictured with her husband and his auto rickshaw. He supports the family by...Read their story >
- Higher education costsPeruFrom a young age, Jair was attracted to programming and applications, which motivated him to study computer science and deepen his fascination for discovering how software ...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaSamuel is a married man with five children. He describes himself as focused. He operates a retail business in which he sells sugar, bread, flour, soap, sweets and other ite...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kick It Forward, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,605 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.